BRCA GT Clubmans Series - Round 2 Booking in
Time to get serious guys, in just over a week the North Midlands GT Clubman Series will be at Swifts raceway. This is your chance to either become a local hero or simply gain some vital competition experience before the Nationals start in the new year. With a lot of people classing the North Midlands as the spiritual home of GT12 racing, its definitely one of the main BRCA GT regional championships in the country. This was highlighted with its opening round that attracted some of the top names in GT racing.
Round 2 promises to be just as good with the added bonus that its at one of the tracks that's included on the 2016 GT National calendar. Therefore it's a perfect event to prepare for the Nationals. Here are few key points before the event:
- The event is open to everyone who is a member of the BRCA. Please do not be afraid to enter if you have worries about your ability or equipment. If you have a membership you are part of the family and we will do our best to make sure you are part of the event. Everyone has been in the position of not thinking they're good enough or that they don't think their car is legal. This is the place to learn and you will not be disregarded for trying to join in. If you have any queries please feel free to contact me and I will try my best to help.
- The track will be set up the morning of the event, we ask that everyone helps with this. Even if it just bringing out some track markers or standing on the carpet while someone stretches it. If we all chip in the sooner we can get running.
- The BRCA will be present for this event so all rule queries and disputes will go through them. To also help, we have arranged for there to be a team of stewards that will cover the event. All disputes will be voted on by this team to ensure that nothing is missed and everyone is treated fairly.
- Additional tables will be arranged for the event, however without a definite number of entries we cannot guarantee that there will be enough for everyone. If you have a portable table we strongly advise you bring it with you.
- Trophies will be provided for the winners of each heat final, additional prizes (winners boards and chocolate) will be given to other podium positions.
To book in you can either book in and pay on the BRCA website, or you can book in on this page and pay on the day. We will post a provisional heat listing on Wednesday 28 October so that people can check their transponder numbers.
Book in direct with Swifts Raceway - Pay on day
9AM - Track Set Up and booking in
10 AM - Driver Briefing, Heat posting and structured practise
11AM-12PM Round 1
12PM - 1PM Round 2
1PM-2PM Round 3
2PM-3PM Round 4
3PM-4PM - Finals
4PM -5PM Trophy ceremonies - Pack away
|Dave Tomlinson *|