The Fast & Furious Challenge - Test Track
The Fast and the Furious challenge at Swifts Test Track is a fun Christmas event to blend indoor RC racing with F&F street racing. The event will be made up of 3 smaller sub events, Fastest lap challenge, Police Pursuit and Race Wars. You are welcome to enter any indoor on road car provided that it is running club legal tyres and has a motor which is 13.5 turns and above (slower, 17.5, etc).
For the Race War final there will be handicap advantages available for drivers that are classed as beginners (by the Swifts officials). There is also a starting advantage available for anyone who modifies their car with F&F styling.
- 7PM - Fastest lap challenge (Race wars seeding)
- 7:45PM - Police Pursuit
- 8:30PM - Race Wars
Event Date: 14 December 2017 (Doors open at 5:30PM)
Entry fee: £7.50
- All indoor on-road classes can enter the event
- All cars must run tyres that do not damage the carpet (no spiked tyres, etc)
- Only water based additives permitted
- Maximum motor limit is 10.5 turns (driver must show good control if running a 10.5 motor)
Fastest lap challenge
This is just like a qualifying session. All racers will be split into two groups, each group will be given 15 minutes of track time. During that 15 minutes you will need to set a fast lap time. The driver who sets the fastest lap win the sub challenge.
- 2 groups
- 15 min session
- Fastest driver over 1 lap wins
- Each driver can not stay on the rostrum for more that 20 consecutive laps.
This is a cops and robbers style challenge. All drivers will be split into mixed heats which wil begin with a rolling random placed start. All drivers will slowly circulate the track until the race starts. The challenge is to complete as many laps as possible over 3 minutes. A added challenge will be the police car on track chasing everyone. If you are tagged by the police car that will be the end of your run. The police car will be driven by one of our expert drivers who should be able to tag other cars without inflicting damage.
- Mixed heats
- 3 min survival race
- Rolling start - Drivers will casually roll round the track until the race starts
- Chasing police car will be driven by very controlled racer
- Only the police car can pull over and wait (if you stop on track during the challenge you are disqualified)
This will be the feature event of the night. Drivers will race head to head over one lap (best of three results) in a tournament bracket. If you win two of the three races with your opponent then you progress to the next racer in the tournament. If there are more than 8 racers then a group stage system will take place to decide 8 quarter finalists. The winner is of course the driver who progresses to the final and wins. There will be starting handicaps for drivers who are deemed as rookies/beginers and also drivers who pimp their car in F&F styling.
- Head to Head - One lap race (best of 3 to progress)
- Seeding and groups will be decided from the fast lap challenge results
- Higher seed will always start on the outside lane
- To progress to the next stage you will need to win two out the three races with you opponent
- A race steward will be watching every race
- If you take out your competitor then you must wait for them to repass you
- If you damage your competitor with an illegal overtake then you will be disqualified.
- There are 3 start lines:
- Line C: General start line
- Line B: Available to drivers featuring F&F styling
- Line A: Handicap advantage (for rookies)
|Driver||Class / Chassis||Image|
|Steve Baggley||TC / HPI Pro 3|
|David Underwood||TC / Xray T3|
|Mark Rodgers||TC / Xray T2|
|Tom Berry||GT12 / Mardave GTS|
|James Shelton||TC / Xray T2.9|
|Paul Roach||GT12 / Legend|
|Sam Rodgers||GT12 / Schumacher Atom|
|Lewis Barker||TC / Yokomo|
|James Wright||MINI / Tamiya M05|